Fall 2020 ENROLLMENT STILL OPEN. Register today!
Fall 2020 – Information:
ACS plans to begin the Fall term as usual, with face-to-face learning, and following certain guidelines:
- All students will be required to wear a face mask all the time and also when the social distancing requirement of 1.5 metres cannot be met. Face masks will be required in corridors and at break times.
- All students will have individual protection screens in class, in addition to using the same seat every day.
- All students will have their temperature taken when entering in the morning.
- Strict hand washing should be done before applying and after removal of a mask or a shield. We have also provided alcohol-based hand rub outside every classroom.
- Any visitor, including parents, entering the school must wear a mask.
- All visitors will have their temperature taken upon entering the school.
- All adults are asked to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 m from other adults, where possible.
- There will be a 10-15 minute break between classes where all windows will remain open in order to ventilate the classrooms.
- Students will be requested to go outside during break times, staying next to the school premises.
Should the Spanish Government request schools to close we will return to online learning for ALL pupils.
Summer 2020 – Information:
We recognize that we are dealing with different levels of acceptance of risk, but we all share a common goal: to safeguard our children, staff, and parents.
While adhering to the guidelines set by the Junta de Andalucia and the Spanish Health Authorities, our main objective is to safely re-open to resume face-to-face learning.
We are all in this together.
Spring 2020 – Information:
The American College in Spain will continue remote learning for all its courses until further notice, keeping exactly the same class schedule we had before starting the alarm state. ACS encourages all its students and employees to maintain social distancing practices and follow the guidance from the authorities about personal activities.
ACS will continue to serve students, parents and future students in this online remote environment.
For more information about our remote learning please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the current spread of COVID-19 across Spain: http://www.euro.who.int/en/countries/spain